Position: Education Project Manager
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Duration: 12 month contract
Reports to: Country Director
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International (RI) is currently recruiting an Education Project Manager to work on an exciting new Education in Emergencies (EiE) project in Pakistan. The position is contingent upon award of funds. Reporting to the Country Director, the position will be responsible leading a 16 month EiE project that aims to increase the enrollment of school-age Afghan children and improving the retention of children already enrolled in school, with a particular emphasis on girls. The proposed Action will be implemented in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for project activities, to ensure they are achieved as per the agreed budget, timeline, quality and donor requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with RI’s Country Director with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the project.
- Develop close, effective relationships with institutional donors (e.g. UNICEF, ECHO, USAID, DFID).
- Maintain positive relations and reputation for RI.
- Ensures sound administrative practices with regard to record keeping, compliance with donor/RI regulations, reporting requirements, communications, and overall audit compliance.
- Oversee and manage all staff working for the program and provide guidance, including technical, and capacity building to staff on all issues related to quality program implementation.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against logframes and workplans.
- Ensure that activities are on track, including developing and implementing course correction solutions as necessary.
- Provide overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Establish and maintain systems for program operations in accordance with RI policies and procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and financial reports to RI GSO (Global Support Office) as per the grant agreement.
- Participate in inter-agency coordination meetings and NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination, collaboration and expansion.
- Perform other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree (education, humanitarian response) with commensurate work experience
- Minimum of five years professional experience in lead management implementing education in emergency response programs in fragile settings, preferably in Pakistan
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the Education sector
- Experience of implementing and quality assuring teacher professional development interventions is desirable
- Experience of effectively managing NGO partners
- Solid background and knowledge of ECHO Rules and Regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required
- Strong English writing skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.