Drought Resistant Trees of Thar Desert | Local & Scientific Names of Desert Plants:
Peoples mostly are depending upon rainfed agriculture and livestock.
Due to continuous droughts, severe winds are the degrading the soil, which increases the desertification in the area and affecting the livelihood sources of indigenous peoples very badly.
Numerous species of herbs can be found in rainy season and Desert Shrubs and Drought resistant trees can be found throughout the year. This natural ground cover of shrubs, trees and herbs is nutritive and a palatable fodder for the livestock.
- Neem (azatr;teha indica)
- Kumbhat (Acacia Senegal)
- Kirir/Kair (Capparis Decisua)
- Ber/Beri (Ziziphus nummalaria)
- Roheero (Tecomella undulata)
- Thuhar (euphorbia caducifolia)
- Phog (calligonum polygonoeides)
- Ak (calotropis gigantea)
- Babur/babul/Kikar (acacica nilotica)
- Khabar/Jar (salvudora oleoides)